- What's Happening
- Hotels & Travel
- In The Exhibit Hall
- General Info
- Making Your Case To Attend
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: and Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
In the Convention Center
What is it?
Make the connections you want at the Networking Uncommons space in the Convention Center. It’s a dedicated area where you can gather in small groups to have a quick meeting, hold impromptu sessions, polish your presentation, or just recharge your batteries.
We’ll have tables, chairs, free convention center wifi, and a projector and screen, as well as some gadgets in case you want to push content out in real-time. And power strips. Always the power strips....
Sign up for a time slot if you want to plan ahead - otherwise, just show up. During open times, the area is up for grabs, although it's big enough that multiple groups can use it at once, even when someone has scheduled something. Or just look at the topics each day to see what interests you. Note that signing up for a time slot reserves the projector for you.
- Friday Uncommons schedule
- Saturday Uncommons schedule
- Sunday Uncommons schedule
- Monday Uncommons schedule
Gadgets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- iPod with Belkin microphone
- Flip camcorder (60 minutes of recording time)
- Zoom H2 Portable Stereo Recorder
- Logitech Webcam Pro 9000
Please note that we won't be able to provide desktop computers or laptops in this space, so you'll need to have your own laptop. If you have a Mac and you want to use the projector, please be sure to bring your VGA dongle, too.
Ways you can use this space
- Have a seat on your own for a few minutes to power down.
- Power up your tech.
- Continue your group’s discussion after your official meeting.
- Offer a short, impromptu talk about a topic (just advertise it on Twitter, etc., and show up).
- Summarize your meeting and use our webcam to stream it live or record it for posting - it’s totally up to you.
- Have a hot topic everyone’s buzzing about at Midwinter but there’s no formal meeting to discuss it? You’ve found your space – just pick a time and tell everyone.
- Whatever else you can think of!
Meet and greet, or bring something to eat – it’s your space to use.